Commission Work and Available Paintings
Working Together and What To Expect
Currently I have two main ways of engagement: Purchase of a Completed Piece and Commission Work.
Let's look at the simplest way to work with me first: Purchase of a Completed Piece.
This process is very straightforward.
1. View my Portfolio page to see what I've created. If there is a price listed next to it then it is available for sale.
2. When you find your piece, continue on to my contact page via the "Connect" link at the upper right. Send me a message! Unlike impersonal shopping carts, you and I are real people. Tell me what you love about the work, how you would prefer to have it shipped, if it's going to be a gift, etc.
Now on to Commission Work.
Commission work is custom work, and involves you and me getting to know each other a little bit so that you can have the best professional outcome with notes of personal detail dancing throughout. Dig? Commissions are based around visuals that resonate with your internal dialogue, your voice, your truth, the message you need. Therefore commission work is generally more costly than purchasing a piece that has already been completed. This is how a commission works:
1. Bearing Intentions~~~ This is a two-part step. First, upon receiving your request I will email you a brief questionnaire to get a feel for who you are and what you are hoping to receive. The second step after I receive your answers is to meet in person or over Skype and discuss the concepts of the commission. I will also review pricing with you and work out the payment timeline. This meeting may take approximately 45 minutes.
2. And Then Presence~~~ I take the concepts discussed and create a draft of the work.
3. Look-See~~~ We follow up (in person, over Skype, or via email) to make sure that we're on the same page. This step may occur several times as needed.
4. Enchantment~~~ I make sure that you and I are both absolutely enchanted with the work before I say it's finished and deliver it to you.
Commission Work Pricing
* Initial meeting and all follow-up meetings are free of charge.
* Upon understanding the scope of work, I will draw up an estimate of material costs. These costs will be included in the final pricing.
* For commissions, I charge a base rate of $2.00 per square inch. For example, a 24" x 36" painting is 864 square inches... 864 sq. in. multiplied by $2.00 gives that piece a base price of $1,728. Then add cost of materials, tax, and shipping & handling if applicable.
* Once a final price is agreed upon, I will ask for a 10% deposit. The remaining amounts can be sectioned out throughout the process, depending on the kind of payment timeline we have agreed upon.
* I charge both local and state tax.
Please bear in mind that I look forward to growing from working with you as well. I reserve the right to let you know if I feel like my services may not be a good fit for you.